By Carol L. Langer,Cynthia Lietz
Applying conception to Generalist Social paintings Practice teaches aspiring social employees tips to follow idea in genuine international perform. absolutely aligned with the Council on Social paintings Education's 2015 academic coverage and Accreditation criteria, the publication hyperlinks concept to perform with transparent, concise guide together with a dialogue of evidence-based perform. Twelve commonly-used theories are completely defined, with dialogue of the strengths and obstacles of every, and utilized to genuine paintings with participants, teams, households, groups, and agencies. The ebook contains case reviews and first-person contributions from working towards social employees to demonstrate the real-world eventualities during which varied ideas follow. serious considering questions support scholars enhance their figuring out of the guidelines awarded. instruments together with a attempt financial institution, PowerPoint slides, and an instructor's guide can be found to facilitate school room use, supplying a single-volume advisor to the whole assisting approach, from engagement to termination.
Practice is a center foundational direction for destiny social staff, yet many perform texts specialise in talents whereas neglecting the theoretical foundation for social paintings. Applying thought to Generalist Social paintings Practice fills that hole by way of overlaying either talents and concept in one text.
- Examines the functions of winning social theories
- Covers the commonest theories utilized in micro, mezzo, and macro practice
- Helps readers comprehend well-established methods like strengths viewpoint, humanistic and client-centered, task-centered, and solution-focused short therapy
- Shows how one can follow significant theories together with ecological/system, cognitive/behavioral, clash, empowerment, narrative, drawback, severe, and feminist
An potent social employee acknowledges the hyperlink among thought and perform, and the way the 2 tell one another to culminate within the top-rated intervention and so much optimistic consequence for the buyer. Applying idea to Generalist Social paintings Practice offers scholars with a roadmap to the total integration of philosophy and alertness in social work.
Read or Download Applying Theory to Generalist Social Work Practice PDF
Similar poverty books
Public silence in policymaking may be deafening. while advocates for a deprived team decline to talk up, not just are their issues now not recorded or acted upon, but in addition the collective energy of the unstated argument is lessened—a scenario that undermines the workings of deliberative democracy through reflecting basically the worries of extra robust pursuits.
What Works in improvement? brings jointly major specialists to handle the most easy but vexing matters in improvement: what will we relatively find out about what works and what doesn'tin scuffling with worldwide poverty? The members, together with a number of the world's most useful monetary improvement analysts, concentrate on the continuing debate over which paths to improvement actually maximize effects.
“Gli ultimi che intendo – scrive l’autore – sono persone che riescono a capovolgere le sorti di una vita in apparenza compromessa. ” Solitari ma non soli. los angeles dignità prima di tutto. A volte provocano, a volte possono disturbare, ma è l. a. loro semplicità che può dar fastidio. l. a. semplicità è una dote difficile da conquistare, diceva Chaplin.
Who's My Neighbor? is a compelling account of the author's ten-year trip as a volunteer on the St. Francis middle, a homeless protect in Denver, Colorado. A retired Professor of communique, Phil Tompkins marshals his huge event as a player observer in recording the voices of the site visitors of the safeguard as they train us approximately their state of affairs.
- The Politics of Post-Industrial Welfare States: Adapting Post-War Social Policies to New Social Risks (Routledge Studies in the Political Economy of the Welfare State)
- Children and Families in Communities: Theory, Research, Policy and Practice (Wiley Child Protection & Policy Series)
- The Young Parenthood Program: A Guide to Helping Young Mothers and Fathers Become Effective Co-parents
- Money for everyone: Why we need a citizen's income
Additional info for Applying Theory to Generalist Social Work Practice